top of page

サークル8:準備中

公開·12名のメンバー

Jack Brooks
Jack Brooks

Graph Theory By Narsingh Deo Exercise Solution

What are some of the best books on graph theory, particularly directed towards an upper division undergraduate student who has taken most the standard undergraduate courses? I'm learning graph theory as part of a combinatorics course, and would like to look deeper into it on my own. Thank you.

Graph Theory By Narsingh Deo Exercise Solution

The best introduction I could recommend for truly beginners is not a whole book on graph theory but A Walk Through Combinatorics, from Miklos Bonait has a large part of the book devoted to graph theory, from the very basics up to some intro to Ramsey theory

I learned graph theory from the inexpensive duo of Introduction to Graph Theory by Richard J. Trudeau and Pearls in Graph Theory: A Comprehensive Introduction by Nora Hartsfield and Gerhard Ringel. Both are excellent despite their age and cover all the basics. They aren't the most comprehensive of sources and they do have some age issues if you want an up to date presentation, but for the basics they can't be beat.

There are lots of good recommendations here, but if cost isn't an issue, the most comprehensive text on the subject to date is Graph Theory And Its Applications by Jonathan Gross and Jay Yellen. This massive, beautifully written and illustrated tome covers just about everything you could possibly want to know about graph theory, including applications to computer science and combinatorics, as well as the best short introduction to topological graph theory you'll find anywhere. If you can afford it, I would heartily recommend it. Seriously.

I used this book to teach a course this semester, the students liked it and it is a very good book indeed. The book includes number of quasiindependent topics; each introduce a brach of graph theory. It avoids tecchnicalities at all costs. I would include in the book basic results in algebraic graph theory, say Kirchhoff's theorem, I would expand the chapter on algorithms, but the book is VERY GOOD anyway.

グループについて

グループへようこそ!他のメンバーと交流したり、最新情報を入手したり、動画をシェアすることができます。

メンバー

©2020 by 日本大学大学院総合社会情報研究科校友会。Wix.com で作成されました。

bottom of page